Phased reopening of Gyms
In advance of your fitness session
We recognise the importance of physical activity for your health and well-being.
We want to be able to offer you the opportunity to get moving, whilst ensuring that you are safe when using our buildings.
For that reason we have put the following steps in place:
- All visits must be booked online in advance
- You will receive a confirmation email which will include pre-participation instructions (e.g. site specific details, what to bring and don’t come if you aren’t well etc.) and what you can expect when you arrive at your session and what you will be required to do.
- We will be limiting the numbers of participants to ensure that social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
- Before you arrive the facility and any equipment will be cleaned.
Arriving at the facility for your session
- You’ll have a specific time on your confirmation email but please leave at least 15 minutes before your session is due to start.
- There may be a queue and we would ask you abide to the social distancing; this will be marked for you convenience.
- There will be one way in to the building and we ask that you use this entrance.
- Please use the hand sanitiser when you enter the building.
- You’ll check in, if this is at a reception desk it will be screened, we would ask you to maintain social distancing; this will be marked for you convenience.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and we would ask you to use this before your session.
During your fitness session
- Have your gym gear on before you arrive at the centre, be gym ready.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and we would ask you to use this before your session and after the session.
- Please ensure that you sanitise the equipment before and after use; sanitiser will be available.
- There will be an area marked out around each piece of equipment, please stay within this area (staff will be able to advise on this matter).
- Always maintain social distancing when moving around equipment.
- Please bring water with you as water fountain or vending machines will not be available for use.
- Changing rooms will not be available.
- Toilets will be available for use in the facility.
After your fitness session
- Hand sanitiser will be available and we would ask you to use this after your session.
- There will be a one way system to exit the building please only use this exit.
- Please maintain social distancing when exiting.
FAQ on reopening
When and where can I use a gym?
A number of gyms will reopen in the Borough on the 16th July 2020.
The gyms re-opening are
Banbridge Leisure Centre, and Craigavon Leisure Centre – 16th July
Orchard Leisure Centre – 18th July
All existing members from facilities that remain closed can use the other facilities that are open during this time frame.
Do I have to book?
Yes, you must book and pay on line before attending a session, as social distancing must be adhered to OR you can phone the facility of your choice to book a session and pay over the phone.
Booking links are at the bottom of this page
How much will it cost to use the gym?
During the month of July 2020, each 1 hour session will cost £5.00 if you are not an existing member; however, if you are an existing member you will be entitled to a 50% discount; so the charge will be £2.50 per session.
When booking please enter your membership to avail of the discount. To find out your membership number visit here
I am an existing member how do i find my membership number for the discount?
Is there a time limit on how long I can spend in the gym?
Yes, you will be limited to a one hour session and all customers will be expected to exit the gym and building when the hour time slot is lapsed.
Will the public toilets and changing rooms be available for use?
Toilets will be available for use; however, changing rooms will remain closed at this time.
What exercise classes will be run in the facilities?
There will be a wide variety of classes available log in to be booking system below to view our timetable
When will my DD be re-activated?
It is anticipated that the membership DD’s will recommence on the 1st September 2020; therefore you will not have to pay for the use of the facilities during August 2020 to compensate for the closures of facilities due to the Covid situation for members of:
Orchard Leisure Centre
Banbridge Leisure Centre
Cascades Leisure Complex
Craigavon Leisure Centre
Waves Leisure Complex
It is planned to reopen the dry Centres [listed below] on Tuesday 15 September. Members of the dry Centres are welcome to use any of the above facilities opened during August and will not be charged to compensate for the period of closure during Covid 19. New gym equipment is been installed in the dry Centres, to celebrate the launch of this, membership will be FREE for the month of September. In October, members will have the option to continue to freeze their membership [at no extra charge] or restart their direct debit payment.
Dry Centres include:
- Dromore Community Centre
- Keady Recreation Centre
- Gilford Community Centre
- Rathfriland Community Centre
- Richhill Recreation Centre
- Tandragee Recreation Centre
Can I still freeze membership?
Yes, you can still freeze your membership [at no extra charge] and re-activate when you want to please use the form below to request a freeze.
How to Book
If you are an existing Direct Debit or Pay Yearly member you will have to register online and link your membership.
To link your membership you will need the barcode number from your membership card. If you do not have this please use the form here for help with linking your current membership.
Once this is done. Use the Book Now link
If you are a casual member you need to register onto our new system. Please follow to link below to sign up.