FREE FOREST SCHOOL TRAINING
PEACE IV – Forest School Programme | Making a Difference in Our Communities – Building Positive Relationships
Level Two Forest School Assistant Training
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST IS 12:00PM, THURSDAY, 7TH OCTOBER 2021
Four-day training 1st – 4th November in Gosford Forest Park from 08:45am – 17:30pm. Volunteer with Forest School Leaders to gain qualification. This project supports outdoor, nature-based learning that focuses on the holistic development of the child/adult, using this medium to support their developmental needs, encourage conversation and build relationships between people in outdoor natural spaces.
- Qualified as Forest School Assistant – providing skills needed to actively support Forest School Leaders.
- Develop an understanding of the principles and ethos of forest school, including the importance of free play and relevant learning theory.
- Learn a range of practical skills including the safe use of tools, a first look at fire and cooking & a range of nature crafts.
- Learn the importance of risk and risk taking to support play.
- Participants will also build their own nature connection through looking at woodland structure, identification skills, games and time spent outside.
If you would like to be considered as a participant, please complete the Expression of Interest form in full. Subject to the requirements of PEACE IV, the information provided will be used in the selection of participants. Please note that there are a limited number of places available on this programme.
The selection panel will consider:
- Must be 18 years or over
- Community background. (PEACE IV Cross Community requirements)
- Willingness and capacity to commit and participate in the entire programme.
- Demonstration of your general interest in the topic, and your reason/s for wanting to take part.
- How your participation will benefit others and how you intend to share the learning gained through participation in the programme.
Cross-community targets will be built into the overall participant profile and selection at discretion of panel.
DOWNLOAD AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM HERE
This project is supported by the European Union’s PEACE IV Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body.