Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone/device when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
– Make our website work as you’d expect
– Remember your settings during and between visits
– Improve the speed/security of the site
– Continuously improve our website for you
– Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we)
– Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
– Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
– Pass data to advertising networks
– Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
– Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
Our own (necessary) cookies
- Remember your settings during and between visits; for example searches
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
- Gymjam – powers our timetables. Created by Active in time
- Other embedded content
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social website cookies
You can easily “Like” or share our content on social websites like Facebook and Twitter, we have included sharing buttons on our site. Cookies are set by:
- Google Plus
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Other tools we use that track cookies:
We use Google Adwords to understand how our Google Ads are working. This is so we can optimise our ads in the best way possible to ensure they’re relevant and targeted to online users.
We also use Google Adwords to retarget users once they’ve visited our website. If you’ve searched for our business, or been on our website, then you may see our digital display advertisements pop up on various other websites on the internet.
We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our Adwords data.
Cookies in emails
Link tracking: we may use unique tag links in some of our online campaigns and email campaigns.
our emails contain a number of hyperlinks, each of which has a unique tag. When you click on one of these links the mailing company logs the click so that we can understand who has clicked through from an email to our website. We use this information to tailor future messages to you.
Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council respects your privacy and is committed to protect the personal information you shared with us.
Turning Cookies Off
For information on how to disable all cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
If you disabled all cookies on our website, some services will not work properly, for example online forms and payments.
Useful information about cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org