Banbridge Leisure Centre is home to a number of dry-side facilities which offer a wide range of leisure activities for the whole community. Please read this section to find out more.
If you would like to find out how accessible venues are across our Borough visit www.disabledgo.com for more information.
Disabled Go works in partnership with the Council to provide an access guide to over 450 public venues. A range of venues are included in the guide such as leisure centres, shops, hotels, restaurants, council buildings, community centres, places of worship and many more.
Banbridge Leisure Centre offers a wide range of supervised swimming and water facilities including 4 pool areas, a health suite, a flume and a number of water features ensuring fun for the whole family!
- Main Swimming Pool: (25m x 12.5m with a depth of 1.0m to 1.5m)
- A 6 Lane swimming pool ideal for lane swimming and general pool activities.
- Learner Pool: (8.5m x 7.5m with a depth of 0.90m)
- A secured pool area ideal for Parents/Guardians with children aged 0-9 years.
- Leisure Pool: (10.5m x 8.0m with a depth of 1.0m – 1.5m)
- Accessible from the Main Pool area the leisure pool hosts a number of water features including lounger beds, mushroom shower, waterfall, water jets and spa facility.
- Toddler Pool: (8.0m x 4.5m with a depth of 0.00m – 0.24m)
- Suitable for children aged 5 years and under, the toddler pool hosts a small slide and water features including a mini mushroom and mini waterfall.
- Childrens Flume/Water Slide: (50m in length)
- A 50 metre winding water slide providing loads of fun for the kids. Height restriction of 1 meter applies.
- Health Suite/Sauna and Steam Room
- Accessible from the main pool area, enjoy a relaxing sauna and/or steam session at your leisure. Includes free swim.
Thermal Heatlh Suite
If you wish to simply relax and unwind why not take advantage of the Sauna & Steam room. Accessible from the main pool area, enjoy a relaxing sauna and/or steam room session at your leisure. Includes a free swim.
Sauna – Ease away aches and pains plus the physical and mental strain of a hard day.
Steam Room – In Steam, the body becomes revitalized and blood pressure falls as tension eases. Pores are opened and gently cleaned, first symptoms of a cold are eased.
Users with Medical/Health conditions:-
In the interest of your own health and Safety we kindly ask all users that have any form of medical conditions to make this known to a member of staff prior to using the sauna & steam room.
Newly refurbished in February 2015 Banbridge Leisure Centre boasts an exemplary fitness suite environment, consisting of Precor interactive cardio vascular machines, Resistance equipment that is designed with adjustable parts such as seat height and leg positions to suit all users of all abilities. The vast equipment mix provides a total body workout for users of all ability levels and experiences.
Preva Network: Preva is a unique way of managing your workouts. With a personalised Preva wristband that links with the cardio machines, you can set personalised targets, access the internet and watch your favourite soaps. Each machine has its own screen making it is easy to navigate whilst exercising safely.
Functional Rig: The Exigo club free standing functional “monster rig” offers plenty of storage and workout stations for complete exercise training.
Our specialist fitness suite has a range of machines and exercises available, coupled with our expert guidance we can quickly help you to achieve your health, fitness, toning or muscle strength goals. Just some of the many benefits and features our revolutionary fitness equipment offers.
The sports hall comprises of six courts and can facilitate the following activities:
- Indoor Football
- Table tennis
- Martial Arts (matted and non matted)
- Bouncy Castle Parties
- Various Fitness Classes
The main hall can be hired to accommodate special events with a maximum capacity of 1500 seated or standing. For more details please contact the centre.
Café Eden boasts of its traditional food and friendly staff. Whether its a quick snack after a hard workout or catch up with friends for a coffee.
Fresh Fruit Salad
French toast, Maple Syrup
All Day Breakfast
Omlettes (2 fillings)
Healthy Option available on request
Baked Potatoes (choice of 2 filling)
Soup and Roll
Salad (chicken, tuna, prawn, ham)
Choice of daily specials e.g. Cottage Pie, Beef Chasseur, stuffed chicken (choice of side)
- Chicken Curry
- Beef Stroganoff
- Steak Sandwich
- Honey Chilli Chicken
Choice of sides available
Healthy options available on request
If you have a food allergy or special dietary requirement s please inform a member of staff
Banbridge Leisure Centre has two state of the art function rooms. Ideal for classes, seminars and training events.
Banbridge Leisure Centre has 3 squash courts. The squash courts have their own allocated viewing area. The squash courts have movable walls for double games.
Banbridge Leisure has an all-weather pitch equipped with floodlights.
Please note that pool opening times do not necessarily reflect centre opening times.
Please note health suite users must be aged 16 and over
Fitness Class Timetable