Looking for something exciting to do this summer? Then come on down for a session in the safe scenic surroundings of Craigavon Lakes and the City Park. Our Pay and Play facility allows you to hire an open canoe, a stand up paddle board or sit on top kayak and go for a paddle on the lake.
If you would prefer to stay dry why not take a mountain bike around the 10K mountain bike trail or challenge yourself on the pump track or stay on the family friendly tarmac path 5K.
When are these sessions available
Our Sunday sessions are by far the best for hires, as a full range of equipment is accessible. However you can come during the week by prior arrangement.
Who are these sessions suitable for
Families, friends or small groups of all ages and abilities are welcome. Under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult with no more than 2 children per adult.
Bikes can be hired both during the week and at weekends. These must be booked in advance as they are used by the centre staff for groups and will not always be available. We have the following bikes available for use:
- Mountain bikes
- Touring bikes
- Piggy back trikes
- A buggy for towing small children.
Helmets are issued with the bikes and should be worn at all times.
A deposit of a credit card or car keys will be asked for and will be returned when the equipment is returned.
Open: April to October
Times: Arrive 15 mins early
|13:00 – 14:30
|15:00 – 16:30
Rules for Pay and Play
- Users must stay together, minimum 2 people at all times.
- Users must remain in the craft at all times
- Users must not take on additional passengers
- Users must not remove buoyancy aid.
- Users must stay within the designated areas.
- Users must return all equipment issued to them after your session.
- Users must return to the centre at the allocated time.
- Do not cross main lake if powerboats are out.
- There must be one adult per 2 children to participate.
All crafts must be launched from the designated area on the slip way. Participants are asked to bring the following items for water activities: old trainers, swim wear, towel and toiletries. The Centre will provide wetsuits, waterproof tops, buoyancy aids and helmets.