Phased reopening of Snowtubing
In advance of your snowtubing session
- If you are ill or have symptoms, stay at home
- Travel to ski slope on your own or with members from your own household only!
- Aim to arrive at the Centre no more than 5 minutes prior to snowtube session
- Only bookings online will be accepted for contact tracing purposes under no circumstances should participants arrive at the Centre without booking in advance.
- Snowtubing participants must bring email confirmation containing booking reference number.
- Ensure group sizes is no greater than what is allowed (max 12 people)
- Wash hands before leaving home.
- Snowtubes will be sanitized prior to use
During the snowtubing session.
- On arrival proceed directly to the bottom of the ski slope adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- The instructor will meet and greet the group, and have already snowtubes laid out for use, which will be 2 metres apart.
- The snowtube issued to you at the start off the session by the instructor will be the only snowtube your allowed to use throughout the session (swapping snowtubes between participants is not allowed.
- As per normal, all participants must listen to the safety brief before the session is able to commence.
- While ascending the slope, participants must remain in a single file line 2 metres apart (roughly the length of a snowtube and lead combined).
- Before sliding (two people max at any one time), participants must place their own snowtube onto the slope and sit down safely.
- The instructor at the top of the tubing run will inform the participants when it is safe to slide.
- As per normal, participants must exit the landing area with their snowtube when the snowtube comes to a complete stop.
- Participants can re-join the queue to continue snowtubing.
After your snowtubing session
- Participants must follow the signs for exiting the area.
- Return directly to your vehicle, and promptly leave the carpark.
- Avoid entering the building. If you must use the toilet facilities, ensure you adhere to the 2 metre social distancing guidelines at all times, follow the one way system & use the hand sanitiser provided on entrance.
Bring your own hydration to the slope the cafe facility is currently unavailable.
Please adhere to the social distancing rules before during and after your session.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your session and proceed directly to the tubing slope behind the main building.
Use the hand sanitizer provided before you collect your snowtube.
FAQ on reopening
What age do i have to be to snowtube?
5-12 years old. At this age they are usually able to drag the snow tube back up the hill on their own, and hold onto theirs and others snowtubes.
Junior Party/ Group Package
5-15 years old .
Adult Party/ Group Package
16 + years old.
Please note adults are unable to participate in snowtubing sessions with children due to health & safety reasons.
How long does snowtubing last?
Individual Tubing Sessions – 40 minutes
Tubing party / Group Session – The actual tubing will last 1 hour and then it will depend on the party option you choose.
What do i need to wear?
Suitable footwear, such as, walking boots, snow boots, trainers with good grip or any sturdy footwear … avoid wellies and flat soled footwear. Ensure suitable clothing for the weather and arms and legs must be covered.A pair of gloves is optional.
How do i book?
What if it is raining on the day of my scheduled booking?
Snow tubing still goes ahead in the rain – it’s faster!! We would only stop the snow tubing in high winds and electrical storms.
Can I pay on the day?
We will be accepting ONLINE BOOKINGS ONLY, under no circumstances should you arrive at the centre without booking in advance. Online bookings help us to restrict number of people at the centre at any one time and help with contact tracing should it arise.
You will not be able to pay on the day.
Are there any restrictions that I must adhere to when snowtubing?
- Everyone must observe social distancing rules at all times in the car park, building and on the slope.
- Staff will be on hand to monitor adherence with physical distancing rules.
- Snowtubers must adhere to the rules that will be explained by the instructor during the tubing brief.
- You must sanitise your hands prior to collecting your snowtube, sanitiser will be provided.
Do i have to arrive before the session?
We ask everyone to arrive 5 minutes early so that we can get everyone signed in. An instructor will take your group out to the slope and give you a safety talk about the snow tubing and the do’s & dont’s. The instructors then set the snow tubes off from specially designated points. We generally only ever go half way up the slope and never from the top.