About the App
ExploreABC is a new and exciting app that hosts six unique audio trails, four in Lurgan Park and two in Banbridge’s Solitude Park. The audio trails will enable you to explore the Parks, learn more about the area’s history and connect with nature and wildlife.
Each trail follows a predetermined route, and as you walk along, listen out for facts and interesting stories or participate in a family activity.
The audio trails are suitable for all ages and abilities and are especially good for those with sight loss.
Download ‘ExploreABC’, the GPS-assisted app FREE from:
- Download the app in the comfort of your own home.
- Go to the Park entrance (Robert Street, Lurgan and Rathfriland Street, Banbridge), there you will find a trailhead panel and a ‘braille and tactile’ map. Study the map and orientate yourself.
- Select the trail you wish to follow and press on the first picture to start the audio text.
- Plug in your headphones, turn up the volume, and as if by magic, you will hear one of our storytellers speak directly to you
- Please take the time to listen to all the information at each point before moving on.
Enjoy your walk!
Free Guided Walks
The council provides FREE Guided Walks for groups, families and individuals, and we are particularly keen to hear from those with a visual impairment. Our guides have received training from the RNIB or Guide Dogs NI.
ExploreABC is part of the Get Moving ABC initiative and has been funded by the Department for Communities Access and Inclusion Programme, and The National Lottery Heritage Fund through the Lurgan Townscape Heritage Scheme. The RNIB has also supported the project.