ABC Council Shortlisted for Five UK Association of Public Service Excellence Awards
The Health and Recreation Department at Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon has been shortlisted as a finalist in five categories at this year’s Association of Public Service Excellence (APSE) Awards.
The council was formally notified by APSE on Wednesday 11th August that, following a rigorous selection process involving over 320 applications, it has been selected as one of the top finalists in each of the following categories:-
- Best Health and Well-being Initiative for Sports Development (Girls Activities)
- Best Service Team of the Year for Parks, Grounds and Horticulture for Outdoor Leisure (Gosford Park)
- Best Housing, Regeneration or New Building Initiative for South Lake Leisure Centre
- Best Efficiency and Transformation Initiative for South Lake Leisure Centre
- Best Service Team of the Year for Sports, Leisure and Cultural Services for South Lake Leisure Centre
The Lord Mayor of Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council Alderman Glenn Barr said;
“This is a fantastic achievement for council and a real credit to the teams of officers involved. Achieving UK finalist’s level in five categories is a reflection of the hard work and dedication of officers across the Health and Recreation Department, in what has been a significantly challenging year for the leisure industry. It’s fantastic to see UK recognition for everyone involved, who work diligently to ensure that our local leisure facilities and services are maintained and delivered to an exceptional standard.”
APSE is an organisation dedicated to promoting excellence in the delivery of frontline services to local communities around the UK, and the annual awards ceremony is highly regarded among local government authorities as a benchmark for best practice standards and innovation within the sector.
The award ceremony will take place in Birmingham on the 9th September where the award winners will be announced. Good luck to all the finalists involved!