Phased reopening of FootGolf
In advance of play
- If you are ill or have symptoms, stay at home.
- Travel to the footgolf course on your own or with members of your own household only
- Only bookings online will be accepted (due to contact tracing purposes), under no circumstances should you arrive at the centre without booking in advance.
- Footgolfers must bring email confirmation containing their booking reference number.
- On the day of your booking we advise you to bring your own footballs, however football hire will be available at a cost of £1.00 for those who wish to rent one.
- Ensure that your group size is no greater than what is allowed (the maximum number Craigavon Golf Ski Centre can allow in any event is 4).
- Wear comfortable footwear NO FOOTBALL BOOTS ALLOWED.
- Wash your hands and sanitize your football before you leave home.
- If you have pre-paid for football hire you can collect from the footgolf sanitising station located outside the main building. YOU MUST SANITISE YOUR HANDS PRIOR TO TOUCHING THE RENTAL FOOTBALL. ALL FOOTBALLS WILL BE PRE SANITISED BEFORE YOUR SESSION.
- Follow the signs directing you to the footgolf course (one way system).
- There will be no score cards provided – CASUAL PLAY ONLY
On the course
- Do not arrive at the first tee more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time.
- The first tee off is located at the old driving range (second bay) this will be signposted.
- On the course, players should try to maintain a minimum distance of two metres between themselves and playing partners. Take care to adhere to this on teeing grounds and greens.
- Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing ground until all members of the group in front have played their tee-shots and exited the teeing ground.
- Do not exchange or share balls, food or drink with other players during your round. Common courtesies – handshakes and embraces in accordance with the accepted etiquette of the game – are to be avoided. Offering thumbs up or some other form of friendly greeting should be used as an alternative.
- If your ball is lost/unplayable, do not take the option that involves doubling back on your position on the course. Signal to the golf attendant or phone the centre to let them know you have lost your ball and need assistance/another football if it is unretrievable.
- Do not pick up another player’s football.
- Do not touch the flag or flagstick and remove your own ball from the hole.
After your round
- Exit at the 18th hole, follow the one way system signage.
- Return your rental ball to the footgolf sanitising station after play.
- Return directly to your car, and leave as quickly and safely as possible to avoid group gatherings.
- Avoid entering the clubhouse. If you must use the toilet facilities, ensure you adhere to the 2 metre social distancing guidelines at all times, follow the oneway system & use the hand sanitiser provided on entrance.
Use the toilet facilities before you leave home.
Bring your own hydration / food to the course.
Bring your own hand sanitizer to the course & use regularly during the round.
FAQ on reopening
Will there be restrictions on time slots and numbers who can play together?
Daily timeslots are restricted to 15 minutes for three-ball use.
Do I have to book a round of footgolf?
Yes online bookings only
See below for links to each sites booking system
Can we travel, while using Social Distancing, to Play FootGolf at Craigavon Golf Ski Centre?
The updated regulations state that a “drive to a safe space or facility is permitted for the purpose of exercise”, in this case footgolf
I am over 70, can I play footgolf?
It is up to each individual to decide for himself or herself, based on their own circumstances, living arrangements and potential for contact with others at certain times, whether playing golf is compatible with the Northern Ireland Executive’s advice on “Shielding” and also for “Vulnerable Persons”.
For information on Vulnerable Persons & Shielding see:
Are juniors allowed to play on the course?
For the phased re introduction of footgolf at our centre juniors should be accompanied by an adult (where possible from the same household).
Can I pay on the day?
We will be accepting ONLINE BOOKINGS ONLY, under no circumstances should you arrive at the centre without booking in advance. Online bookings help us to restrict minimum number in the carpark and on the course at one time and help with contact tracing should it arise.
Are there any restrictions that I must adhere to when using the course?
- Everyone must observe social distancing rules at all times in the car park, reception and on the course.
- Staff will be on hand to monitor adherence with physical distancing rules.
- FootGolfers must not touch the flag or flagstick.
- Hired footballs must be sanitised prior to each use/ sanitiser will be provided.
FootGolf is just what is says on the tin, two great sports combined, football and golf, to create the best game you will ever play. Play over 18 holes with a football of your choice ranging from sizes 3-5. All you have to do is complete each hole, kicking the football into the over sized golf cup using your feet in as fewer shots as possible.
When are we open?
The course is open
Monday – Friday 09:30am – 9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 09:30am – 16:00pm
Please note the course is weather dependent
What are the rules?
- Group pace with the other groups in play
- If you fall behind let players pass
- Wait for the ball to come to a complete stop before taking the next kick
- Play the ball as it lies, you cannot touch or accommodate it
- Tee shots must be played from Tee box’s
- Only one ball must be in motion at any one time
- Loose articles may be removed without penalty
- If a ball is deemed out of bounds or unplayable it can be dropped in play with a one stroke penalty, but no more than a meter closer to the hole or alternatively it can be replayed
- When another player is to play do not stand directly behind them or in line with the hole as this may cause a distraction
- If one players ball strikes another players ball, the ball at rest shall be returned to its original position
- There is a 2 stroke penalty for kicking another players ball
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball
- The order of play is established based on the score of the previous hole
- The player with the best score will kick off first on the next hole followed by the second, etc.