Play in the Community
Play in the Community
Following on from the Play in Community sessions that took place in Craigavon over the summer, we would like to invite you take part in the Outdoor Play and Learning training.
This bespoke training programme will give you an OCN Level 2 in Outdoor Play and Learning. The programme is aimed at improving your skills and knowledge and develop an understanding the value of outdoor play for children’s learning and development. Following completion you will be able to promote, plan and deliver effective outdoor play activities whilst promoting inclusion and identity.
In order to participant in the training, you will be required to complete 26 hours contact time.
- Classroom based training, venue Brownlow Community Centre:
- Held on Saturday’s from 10:00am – 4:30pm, 11th, 18th, 25th January and 1st February 2020.
- 5/3 hour volunteering at 1 play session in the Banbridge / Gilford area in January 2020. A number of dates will be provided for participants to choose from.
- Volunteering at a Play event in Gilford, 12noon – 4:00pm Saturday, 28th March.
- Recognising the value of outdoor play
- Supporting outdoor play
- Recognising the importance of inclusion and identity
- Understanding the effect of own values, beliefs, attitudes and behaviours on work role
- Understand the importance of conflict resolution in a play work setting
- Understand appropriate practice in the promotion of inclusive outdoor play
- Plan and delivery an effective outdoor play activity
- Introduction to safeguarding with school aged children
- Introduction to Paediatric First Aid with school aged children.
What is the play in the community programme?
This programme provides you, your family and your community the opportunity to build positive relationships through play. We are providing play for children up to 16 years old, regardless of ability, along with parents. Parents and family members are offered the opportunity for training in Playwork and to gain qualifications – all FREE of cost.
What happens at a play session?
Play sessions will be based on traditional play and games and children will have the opportunity to play independently or with their family/friends. All children 0-16 can come along to play, regardless of ability.
We would encourage families to come along and learn more about traditional free play. For adults who engage with the programme, there is an opportunity to attend information sessions on play and, if interested, receive Playwork training.
Where does the Play in the Community Programme take place?
Phase three of the Play in the Community Programme will be delivered in
- Gilford Community Centre
- Banbridge Leisure Centre
When does the Play in the Community Programme take place?
|Gilford Community Centre|
|Tuesday 14th January||3.00pm – 5.30pm|
|Tuesday 21st January||3.00pm – 5.30pm|
|Tuesday 28th January||3.00pm – 5.30pm|
|Tuesday 4th February||3.00pm – 5.30pm|
|Tuesday 11th February||3.00pm – 5.30pm|
|Tuesday 25th February||3.00pm – 5.30pm|
|Tuesday 3th March||3.00pm – 5.30pm|
|Tuesday 10th March||3.00pm – 5.30pm|
|Thursday 24th March||3.00pm – 5.30pm|
|Final Celebratory Event: Saturday 28th March 12.00pm – 4.00pm|
Banbridge Leisure Centre
|Friday 10th January||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Friday 17th January||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Friday 24th January||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Friday 31st January||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Friday 7th February||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Friday 14th February||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Friday 28th February||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Friday 6th March||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Friday 13th March||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Friday 27th March||3.15pm – 5.45pm|
|Final Celebratory Event in Gilford: Saturday 28th March 12.00pm – 4.00pm|
We are also offering parents and family members the opportunity to volunteer and be supported to train in Playwork and gain qualifications – all FREE of cost.
Phase three volunteer/parent sessions to be confirmed.
How much does the programme cost?
How do I register for the programme?
Use the link below to register your place
Priority will be given to those children who are registered
Play sessions will be outdoors so please come prepared. If days are warm ensure sun cream is applied, if days are wet be prepared to get wet! Play sessions lasts two hours – there will be no food or drinks provided however, children are free to bring along their own. Also, there are no toilet facilities on green spaces so please be ready to run home (like we all had to!!)